In recent years, I have become a country fan. I love the way the music makes you think, and how the lyrics can be super relatable (or, about trucks and being southern, in which case not so relatable in my case. haha). My favorite country artists happen to be Lady Antebellum and Eric Church, but there are so many amazing ones!
Running or biking to country music can be a great way to stay motivated and channel your thoughts… a lot of lyrics in country songs can make you think of past experiences or current issues. Thinking of things in my past or things that anger me help me channel my energy to perform better, and I find that country music helps with this! Below are some great country workout songs. This workout playlist is not too long – good for a short bike or run.
- Highway Don’t Care – Tim McGraw featuring Taylor Swift and Keith Urban
- Over When it’s Over – Eric Church
- Springsteen – Eric Church
- Somethin’ Bout a Truck – Kip Moore
- Love I’ve Found in You – Lady Antebellum
- Remind Me (Duet with Carrie Underwood) – Brad Paisley
- Even if it Breaks Your Heart – Eli Young Band
- Blown Away – Carrie Underwood
- We Owned the Night – Lady Antebellum
- Long Hot Summer – Keith Urban
- I Go Back – Kenny Chesney
- Barefoot Blue Jean Night – Jake Owen
- Mud on the Tires – Brad Paisley
- Country Girl (Shake it for Me) – Luke Bryan