Yum, yum, yum! Try these muffins for a healthy alternative to other sugar and fat-filled muffins.
Paleo Banana Almond Muffins
Yields: 12 large or 15 smaller muffins
Adapted from: Paleo Pumpkin Muffins from Carrots n Cake
2 cups almond meal/flour
4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup smooth almond butter
2 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (it’s good!)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin with muffin liners or grease well with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, almond butter, and mashed bananas together.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Blend until smooth with an immersion blender or food processor. *(This may not be necessary if your almond flour is super fine. I make mine at home so it’s a bit chunky and blending it helps smooth things out).
5. Divide batter evenly amongst muffin tins and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Let cool and enjoy!