Thanks so much to YoungTri Ambassador Brittany for sharing this yummy recipe with us! She paired it with cauliflauer… yum! A great post-workout meal.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own (makes 10 patties):
Cheese and egg are optional!
- 2 ½ c cooked quinoa, cooled
- 4 c kale, cleaned, deveined, chopped small
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ yellow onion, diced small
- ½ c chives, chopped
- ½ c Parmesan, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ c finely ground bread crumbs (use gluten free breadcrumbs to make this dish gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil plus more for frying
Put it all together!
- Combine quinoa, eggs, Parmesan, chives and salt in medium mixing bowl.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in skillet on medium heat then sweat onions and garlic, approximately 3 minutes. Add kale to skillet and cook until kale is bright green and soft.
- Add kale mixture to quinoa mixture, then add breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
- Place clean skillet on medium heat and add enough oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Form patties using ½ c of quinoa mixture and place patties in skillet being careful not to splash hot oil or overcrowd the pan. Fry until golden brown on each side, approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Remove patties, drain on paper towel and serve.
Check out Cheryl Style for the original recipe and for an instructional cooking video!
Thanks again for sharing, Brittany! Yum!